Finding your property or business

You can search for your property on the Scottish Assessor’s valuation list.

Appealing against a council tax banding for your property

You can appeal against a banding by making what is called, in law, a proposal. If you have a proposal you can contact us here. Or you may want to contact the Scottish Assessor’s at their website.

What does the banding mean?

The banding reflects the figure for which the property might have been expected to sell in the open market on 1st April 1991, given the conditions set out in the legislation which established the Council Tax.