Tayside Valuation Joint Board

This site provides details of the structure of Tayside Valuation Joint Board and details of its Membership. It also provides information about the Assessor and Electoral Registration Officer and his staff, the Valuation Roll, Council Tax Valuation List and the Electoral Register.

Tayside Valuation Joint Board covers the local authority areas of Dundee City, Perth & Kinross and Angus Councils.

The Tayside Assessor is responsible for the valuation of non-domestic subjects for rating and the valuation and banding of domestic subjects for council tax, for the three Council areas.

The Assessor has also been appointed to be the Electoral Registration Officer for both Perth & Kinross and Angus Councils, and in that capacity is responsible for the compilation of the Electoral Register for these two authorities.

The Valuation Roll & Council Tax Valuation List:

If you have a new or altered property please let us know and we will make every effort to add or amend the entry in the Valuation Roll or the Council Tax Valuation List as soon as possible. However, there may be occasions where this will need to wait until we can inspect the property or have access to other necessary information. In those circumstances please make financial provision for the receipt of a backdated bill from your appropriate authority.

Electoral Registration:

If you wish to make an application to go on the Register of Electors you can do so online at www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.

If you wish to apply to vote by post or by proxy then you can download an application form from the Electoral Commission at https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/i-am-a/voter/how-cast-your-vote. Please return this form by email to the email address shown above.